Friday 1 March 2013

What's holding me back!

The suspense is KILLING ME!!!

I was all ready to publish. I had the cover ready and the whole book formatted and then I recieved bad news.

A friend of mine had completed to original novel cover, but could not commit to the other two. Unfortunately that meant I couldn't use it as it wouldn't make sense to have two completely different style covers as part of a series.

I was really bummed out at first, but then I started to search for other people. I found so many talented artists on Deviant art. For anyone who doesn't know it is a website where artists display their work much like a blog is somewhere a writer can talk about their books.

I have someone in mind for the cover. We are in discussion at the moment, but I'll put up a link to her page once It's finalized. Her work is really good so I can't wait to share more information about her!

Anyway, that is what is holding me back, but I will persevere! If that means I have to wait even longer to get my book out I'll do it. I think there is something to be said for anyone game enough to make their dreams come true because It's a hard road and there is no easy way around getting what you want.


No comments:

Post a Comment